Diving & Snorkelling aboard the True North
Please note that diving and snorkelling activities may be offered on your upcoming cruise. It is therefore important that you familiarize yourself with the following guidelines concerning equipment:
- Snorkelling equipment (mask, snorkel & fins) is available for complimentary use on-board. However, bringing your own equipment is the best way to ensure a perfect fit.
- We recommend that divers bring an appropriate exposure suit. A short sleeve/leg wetsuit may be a good idea for snorkellers who get cold easily and a rash shirt provides excellent sun protection. Exposure suits may be available for sale on-board however we cannot guarantee that we will have your size in stock.
- Divers are provided with cylinders, weight belts and weights.
- Divers normally bring their own personal dive equipment including regulators, BCD and wetsuit.
- TRUE NORTH has limited dive equipment (BCDs, regulators and dive computers) available for hire on-board. Please confirm arrangements in advance.
- It is highly recommended that divers bring their own dive computer. THE SHARING OF DIVE COMPUTERS IS NOT PERMITTED.
- Divers MUST dive with a safety sausage. If you do not bring your own you will be required to purchase one on-board.
- Night dives MAY be offered. If you intent to night dive, you MUST bring your own primary light source. A secondary or back up light source is also recommended. Dive lights may be available for sale on-board however stock levels cannot be guaranteed.
- Divers MUST provide proof of certification on-board.