SKIP LISSIMAN TO JOIN THE TRUE NORTH
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
30th August 2018
SKIP LISSIMAN TO JOIN THE TRUE NORTH
The master yachtsman will explain “to finish first, first you must finish”
True North Adventure Cruises has announced that master yachtsman Skip Lissiman will join the TRUE NORTH’s annual Sydney Rocks Blue Water Classic. This 4-night cruise embarks in Sydney Harbour on Christmas Night and features the start of the infamous Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race.
Considered one of the world’s most grueling yacht races - the Sydney to Hobart gets underway on Boxing Day and the TRUE NORTH will be in prime position to watch the spectacular start and, the ‘race within a race’ to be the first yacht to sail out of Sydney Harbour.
The start is always chaotic but this year guests on the TRUE NORTH will be navigated through the pandemonium by Lissiman.
Lissiman was a crew member on AUSTRALIA II when that yacht won the America’s Cup in 1983 – the first time a challenger had won the America’s Cup in 132 years! He has also competed in no less than six Sydney to Hobarts including a line honours win aboard the maxi-yacht DRUMBEAT in 1989.
Before the start Lissiman will escort guests around Rushcutters Bay where the yacht crews will be making final preparations. Lissiman will then explain the strategic positioning as contenders vie for the confidence boost that comes with rounding into open water ahead of the rest of the field and, he will also provide continuous updates on race progress as everyone on-board the TRUE NORTH indulges in their very own Sydney Rocks Blue Water Classic. The itinerary includes heli-flights to the Hunter Valley wine region, bush-walks, indigenous culture, revered on-board dining and live entertainment.
- True North Adventure Cruises has won a plethora of awards for excellence including state and national tourism awards, export awards and numerous consumer awards.
- Australia’s premier luxury adventure-cruise ship, the TRUE NORTH is purpose-built to sail deep into the heart of the wilderness, visiting areas that larger ships cannot access. Guests are privy to very-high quality off-ship experiences courtesy of the ship’s biologist and a team of naturalists, a ship’s helicopter and six dedicated adventure boats.
- Exceptional food and wine are also at the heart of a TRUE NORTH The ship’s modern Australian cuisine is supplemented with locally sourced ingredients and complemented by an outstanding selection of Western Australian wines. Cabins are spacious and modern; there is a panoramic lower deck dining room, an alfresco bar, an observation lounge and a dedicated sports deck.
- Daily activities include scenic walks, fishing, snorkelling, diving, picnics, cultural events and spectacular flights in the ship’s helicopter.
- Destinations include the Kimberley – a panorama of rugged mountains, spectacular gorges and majestic waterfalls; the still-wild coast of Western Australia featuring the intriguing Abrolhos Islands, world-famous Ningaloo Reef, fishing paradise at the Montebello Islands and, the pristine Rowley Shoals; some of Indonesia’s most stunning volcanic islands including Komodo – home to the largest lizard on the planet; the breathtaking islands of the Raja Ampat; the whale sharks of Cenderawasih Bay; the mighty Sepik River and the un-spoilt islands of Papua New Guinea; beautiful Sydney Harbour and, a seafood safari around South Australia’s delightful Eyre Peninsular!
For more information go to www.truenorth.com.au
Bookings: Contact True North Adventure Cruises on (+61 8) 9192 1829 or email email@example.com
Media contact: Email Peter Trembath at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or phone
(+61) 41 990 6670.