TRUE NORTH ANNOUNCES RESUMED OPERATIONS
The adventure-yacht TRUE NORTH has released an amended sailing schedule for 2020
Following a Covid-19 enforced shutdown – True North have announced the resumption of full-time operations.
The revered adventure-yacht departed Broome on July 4 – with a boatload of very excited West Aussies!
The continued closure of the West Australian border means that the first post-Covid departure was necessarily a home-grown affair but 7 nights exploring the Kimberley coast was sure to be just what the doctor ordered and, that’s just a beginning!
True North has announced an amended sailing schedule for the entire second half of 2020 featuring the brand’s longstanding association with small group and nature-based adventure in mostly remote locations. Safe and carefree opportunities to escape the madness with no crowds and, unlimited fresh air!
Founding director Craig Howson explained “It’s likely that some of our initial departures will continue to be impacted by the border closure, but we are hoping that guests from interstate will be able to join us soon. And our amended schedule includes itineraries that are sure to attract the attention of discerning adventurers from all around the country.
It’s still the perfect time of the year to be in the Kimberley – so we are kicking things off with some old favourites – the Kimberley Snapshot and our flagship Kimberley Ultimate!
Last year’s smash hit Coast & Coral returns in late August and then we’re off to another long-time destination – the bucket list Rowley Shoals! And, we have also managed to schedule an itinerary on the Kimberley Coast that will feature fishing for barramundi.”
In late October, True North also plans to re-introduce an old favourite – the 13-night Over the Top from Darwin to Cairns. The amended 2020 schedule also includes a selection of new itineraries.
The 7 night Kimberley Northern Atolls features both the Rowley Shoals and, rarely visited Scott Reef, and two maiden voyages on the Great Barrier Reef will provide opportunity for guests onboard to experience destinations not normally visited by larger ships, including the Gold Coast and Fraser Island.
Then it’s down the coast to Sydney for the True North’s well-known Christmas and New Year itineraries which feature the start of the Sydney to Hobart yacht race and, the Harbour Bridge fireworks on New Year’s Eve.
Howson added “The best news is that in many instances, our amended 2020 sailing schedule includes pricing that is up to 25% less than our normal pricing!”
The company has also launched a new program called True North Fresh.
The program features enhanced onboard hygiene and a special booking condition that provides greater flexibility.
For more information see https://www.truenorth.com.au/true-north-fresh/
For more information on the True North’s amended sailing schedule see https://www.truenorth.com.au/cruise-map/schedule/
- True North has won a plethora of awards for excellence including state and national tourism awards, export awards and numerous consumer awards.
- Australia’s premier adventure-yacht, the TRUE NORTH is purpose-built to sail deep into the heart of the wilderness, visiting areas that larger ships cannot access. Guests are privy to very-high quality excursions courtesy of the ship’s biologist and a team of naturalists, an onboard helicopter and six dedicated adventure boats.
- Exceptional food and wine are also at the heart of a TRUE NORTH experience. Modern Australian cuisine is supplemented with locally sourced ingredients and complemented by an outstanding selection of Western Australian wines. Cabins are spacious and modern; there is a panoramic lower deck dining room, an alfresco bar, an observation lounge, sundeck and, a dedicated sports deck.
- Daily activities include scenic walks, fishing, snorkelling, diving, picnics, cultural events and spectacular helicopter flights.
- Destinations include the Kimberley – a panorama of rugged mountains, spectacular gorges and majestic waterfalls; the still-wild coast of Western Australia featuring the intriguing Abrolhos Islands, world-famous Ningaloo Reef, fishing paradise at the Montebello Islands and, the pristine Rowley Shoals; some of Indonesia’s most stunning volcanic islands including Komodo – home to the largest lizard on the planet; the breathtaking islands of the Raja Ampat; the whale sharks of Cenderawasih Bay; the mighty Sepik River and the un-spoilt islands of Papua New Guinea; Mysterious Melanesia, a sojourn through the Solomon Islands, beautiful Sydney Harbour, a seafood safari around South Australia’s delightful Eyre Peninsular and, adventure in Western Australia’s South West!
For more information go to www.truenorth.com.au
Bookings: Contact True North on (+61 8) 9192 1829 or email email@example.com
Media contact: Email Peter Trembath at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or phone
(+61) 41 990 6670.