Visits to Seppeltsfield and Magill Estate retained in TRUE NORTH itinerary!
The TRUE NORTH’s 2017 Southern Safari is again set to feature the world-famous Barossa Valley.
Guests on the 2016 sojourn out of Adelaide were treated to a bonus when lunch at historic Seppeltsfield and wine tasting at Penfolds Magill Estate were first added to the itinerary.
“The day was a big-hit with our guests so keeping both experiences in the Southern Safari line-up was an easy decision to make” reports North Star Cruises brand director Peter Trembath.
Guests will start their Seppeltsfield visit in the original 1851 homestead and discover the history of the Seppelt family before being treated to a private tasting in the “Trophy Cellar”. Lunch follows at “Finos” the estate’s celebrated restaurant.
After lunch entertainment includes a visit to the ‘JamFactory’ – a contemporary craft gallery housed in Seppeltsfield’s historic stables.
And a late afternoon visit to Magill Estate will serve as a stunning prelude to embarkation on the mighty TRUE NORTH.
Magill offers breathtaking views of the Penfolds vineyard and guests will indulge in a luxurious experience of storytelling and tasting before continuing onto the TRUE NORTH for their first night on-board.
And Mr Trembath is quick to mention that visiting the Barossa is just the start of the wining and dining “The TRUE NORTH has a revered reputation for cuisine and the Southern Safari features Port Lincoln bluefin that melts in your mouth, oysters from Coffin Bay and some of Australia’s most reliable in-shore fishing for delectable blue swimmer crabs and King George whiting.”
“Plus, not forgetting that we spend 2 days exploring must-see Kangaroo Island. We also cage dive with great white sharks, visit the rarely visited Pearson and Franklin Islands and, discover some of Australia’s most beautiful coastline!”
The Southern Safari departs Adelaide on Jan 16 2017.
- North Star Cruises has won a plethora of awards for excellence including state and national tourism awards, export awards and numerous consumer awards.
- Australia’s premier luxury adventure-cruise ship, the TRUE NORTH is purpose-built to sail deep into the heart of the wilderness, visiting areas that larger ships cannot access. Guests are privy to very-high quality off-ship experiences courtesy of the ship’s biologist and a team of naturalists, a ship’s helicopter and six dedicated expedition boats.
- Exceptional food and wine are also at the heart of a TRUE NORTH experience. The ship’s modern Australian cuisine is supplemented with locally sourced ingredients and complemented by an outstanding selection of Western Australian wines. Cabins are spacious and modern; there is a panoramic lower deck dining room, an alfresco bar, an observation lounge and a dedicated sports deck.
- Daily activities include scenic walks, fishing, snorkelling, diving, picnics, cultural events and spectacular flights in the ship’s helicopter.
- Destinations include the Kimberley – a panorama of rugged mountains, spectacular gorges and majestic waterfalls; the still-wild coast of Western Australia featuring the intriguing Abrolhos Islands, world-famous Ningaloo Reef, fishing paradise at the Montebello Islands and, the pristine Rowley Shoals; some of Indonesia’s most stunning volcanic islands including Komodo – home to the largest lizard on the planet; the breathtaking islands of the Raja Ampat; the whale sharks of Cenderawasih Bay; the mighty Sepik River and the un-spoilt islands of Papua New Guinea; beautiful Sydney Harbour and, a seafood safari around South Australia’s delightful Eyre Peninsular!